Basil with Italian cooking always, maybe staple ingredient in most Italian dishes and the base for pesto sauce. Dried basil has a taste almost like mint and oregano. Flavourful and most common kitchen herbs. Fresh basil and dried basil may differ in some aromatic property. Use as you like it.
25g dried basil
1 large sweet onion chopped
2 tbsp of oilive oil
1 clove of garlic chopped
2 big tomatoes chopped
500gram of chicken breast cube
1/2 cup parmerson cheese
2 tomatoes chopped
salt to taste
1) in a large skiillet, saute oil with garlic.
2) Stir in chicken and tomato
3) Cover and reduce heat allowing the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
4) Remove from heat and stir in basil until well mixed
5) Serve this deliciious dish over pasta or lay in on a bed of greens for a low card meal!!!
Basil leaves dried
Use sparingly and dried basil may not be same flavour as fresh basil leave. Note: sweet basil and thai basil may bring a different aromatic flavour.