Briyani Spice Mix
Our briyani spice mix story started from Sri Lanka. I tasted the first briyani rice with cheshew nut in Kandy. It was nice and aromatic. Before we became the spices trader and we are now specialising in spices. Never think about a mixture or masala would create so much of difference and details in cookings. Not only the method you use but also the region of your taste. We also created our own briyani spice masala (non spicy) with our fixed set of ingredients, varying in taste, texture and the spices intensity. Generally, our briyani spice mix is mild and suitable for children. Again we made it because my son like the briyani rice so much!
Rampe, Cardamon, Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Mix Spices
BRIYANI RICE (CHICKEN)
4 – 6 servings
- 2-3 tbsp BRIYANI SPICE MIX
- Slices Red Onions
- 450g of chicken
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 300 gm Basmathi rice (long basmathi is better)
- 4 pieces of rampe (pandan leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 350ml water
- Cashew nuts or raisin - Garnishing
- Corriander Leaves - Garnishing
- Cut chicken into small pieces and wash well. Marinate the chicken with BRIYANI SPICE MIXand salt for 15 minutes.
- Heat butter or margarine in a pan, add chopped onions, garlic, rampe (Pandan Leaves), curry leaves and fry for 3 minutes. Add chicken mixture and water, cook till chicken is tender.
- Wash the rice well and leave it to soak in water for 10 minutes. Cook the rice and the briyani chicken mixture with rice cooker. Garnish with cashew nuts, raisin and coriander leaves.